Notice: Undefined index: date in /home/connectability/public_html/wp-content/themes/ohio/parts/portfolio/layout_type7.php on line 87
Skill Development & Training
People with disabilities need skills to engage in livelihood activities. But they start with a number of disadvantages. Their families and communities may assume that they are unable to engage in such activities. They often lack access to basic education, making them unqualified to join skills training courses. These disadvantages frequently result in a lack of skills, as well as low confidence, expectations and achievement.
Different types of skills are required for successful work. They include foundation skills acquired through education and family life, technical and professional skills which enable a person to undertake a particular activity or task, business skills required to succeed in self-employment and core life skills, including attitudes, knowledge and personal attributes.
Goal – People with disabilities have the knowledge, attitudes and skills they need for work.
Role of CA – The role of CA is to enable people with disabilities to access work opportunities, by actively promoting and facilitating the acquisition of relevant knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Youth and adults with disabilities have access to a range of training opportunities and acquire marketable skills, decent work (waged employment or self-employment) and income.
- Girls and women with disabilities have equal opportunities for skills development with boys and men.
- Mainstream providers of vocational and skills training have policies and practices that ensure people with disabilities have access to the training provided.
- People with disabilities have access to support services -vocational guidance, placement services, assistive devices and adapted equipment.
- People with disabilities have access to advanced skills development opportunities required to progress in their work.
Notice: Undefined index: task in /home/connectability/public_html/wp-content/themes/ohio/parts/portfolio/layout_type7.php on line 105
Notice: Undefined index: link in /home/connectability/public_html/wp-content/themes/ohio/parts/portfolio/layout_type7.php on line 150